Salmonics plasma proteins and reagents are purified from blood collected from farm-raised Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) during harvest, utilizing an otherwise wasted resource. Blood is collected using humane practices and processed under stringent conditions to ensure high purity and quality. Salmon plasma proteins are naturally free of mammalian viruses and prions and perform as well or better than mammalian- or bovine-sourced versions. These superior qualities make Salmonics products ideal for use in a variety of research applications in regenerative medicine, pain studies, and more.
Proteins are sold lyophilized and can be re-hydrated as needed and used at or below room temperature. Bulk and special orders to meet unique requirements (unit size, excipients, etc.) are available.
- Excellent proliferation of stem cells & retention of ‘stemness’ (Zhou et al. 2017)
- Superior performance for neurite outgrowth and neuronal cell growth (Ju et al. 2007)
- Reliable selection and growth of tumourigenic cells (Liu et al. 2012)
- More efficient extracellular matrix than human-derived fibrin (Sieminski et al. 2004)
- Slower gel degradation in vitro and in vivo
- Consistent performance in animal hemostasis studies (Rothwell et al. 2005, Floyd et al. 2012)
- Significant reduction of neuro-inflammation (Sharp et al. 2012)
- Optimal polymerization of salmon fibrinogen
- Significant and sustained analgesia post neural & soft tissue injury (Weisshaar et al. 2011)
- Effective blockage of blood-brain barrier disruption (Smith et al. 2016)
Salmon serum for cell culture